Thursday, April 25, 2002

Bobby spilled pop all over his keyboard. It's not working at all. It's not his fault, stupid Quizno's didn't give him a lid. Bobby should sue them for a new keyboard. It really sucks because how is he going to use the computer?

No one can leave comments until May 1st. The site reloaded and I'm like, "It only says 'comments' now, not saying how many there are." Then I see that it says that posting is temporarily disabled. Then I go to the site and it has this big reboot thing that is happening on May 1st. Hopefully, judging by the complexity of the Flash thing, it will make it a lot better.

OK now for my interesting story. I tried out for choirs for next year today. I feel really bad for Lindsey because I asked her to accompany me in Mandoline, because Garrett said that they liked legato songs with long notes. Well Mandoline fit that perfectly. The accomp isn't the easiest to play, and come to think of it, all the songs I'm doing for juries have tough accompaniment. But anyway, I walk in and sing that. I didn't do the best job because stupid me forgot to warm up. But I got through it and Holmes says "good job." Then he sits at the piano. He tells Forbes and Hesse that I have perfect pitch. So Holmes says "Sing an F." So I did. Then he says "Sing a Db." So I did. Then he asked me to sing My Country Tis of Thee. So I sang that. That was ok but on the higher notes it was right on the border of my break and it was hard to sing in middle voice but I was trying not to flip into falsetto. I was trying so hard to do things that Cynthia taught me. But I did pretty well, I guess. Then Holmes says, "OK, sing the second half of that, starting on 'Land where my fathers died' in the key of C." So I did that but it was really high so I sang most of it in falsetto but I was surprised how nice it sounded because my falsetto isn't the best. Then that was it. I was surprised because I thought there would be more to it, like at the beginning of the year when I tried out for Chamber Chorale. But it was really short. I think I find out this summer what choir I am actually in. I hope I make UChoir. Chamber Chorale wouldn't be too bad either. No offense to Hesse but I don't want to be in Concert Choir because that choir is too big.

OK That's about it for right now I have to go work on my freshman focus powerpoint in a little bit. So ok bye.

No comments: