Sunday, February 01, 2004

Go Panthers.

The Panthers probably have gained the most fans that they have ever had, if only for one day.

Anyways, IMEA was great, except I spent 30 bucks on my credit card on sheet music. But hey. This is for my future and I can pay off 30 bucks EASILY when I'm a teacher. Ya know? There was this one seminar I regret going to which was boring as hell (assessment- I went to it thinking I could get something out of it. WRONG-O!), but otherwise it was great. UChoir was great in their concert (but the high school choir before them took forever to finish and made UChoir rush and as I understand it, Dr. Holmes was pissed off about the whole thing and not just the fact that the high school teacher did that, but also that they couldn't warm up or anything but that doesn't really matter because they kicked butt anyway and people were talking about them the rest of the weekend). Speaking of which, I want a copy of "There Will Be Rest", one of the songs UChoir sings. Chapter 6 was AMAZING, of course (tame the jealousy, Misty.... HAHA).

OK. So, anyways, I have to tell you a story about....

THE B***H (you fill it in, I'm in too much of a good mood to call her that outright today.)!!!!!

OK so me and Vanessa are sitting next to each other, watching the jazz concerts. We aren't talking that much, and what we are talking about was between songs. It all came to a halt when after one song this woman with a HUGE stick up her butt was like "Are you going to continue this conversation? My kids have worked TOO hard and I have traveled to far for it to be ruined by you talking to your friend here." Jacob made us both feel much better when, after we talked about it to him, he said, "You should have said "Well, we're from Wesleyan, we TALK during concerts!"

Speaking of Vanessa, I got to know her a lot more this weekend. We hung out a lot , which is no big deal. She's a good friend. HOWEVER - Clayton comes up to me at the Millikin reception (where we get to see our professors and their collegues getting drunk and that's the best part) and he's like "So, what's with you and Vanessa? You two have this thing going on?" OK. Everyone thinks we have this thing going on. What is the big deal. People see two people of the opposite sex hang out together and they think that I am like deeply involved with her. It's not like that at all. I mean, if that's the case, they may as well assume that about Cory and Jacob (even though Cory is involved in a relationship already). Vanessa and I are just friends and we just happened to spend a lot of time together this weekend. It's not a big deal. GROW UP.

Next day I skipped the boring music ed meeting and went to a high school concert that reminded me a lot of my high school. Half of their songs I've done. They did Mata Del Anima Sola which was awesome and I'm glad that Cherry and Chad were there because I'm like "This Song is Awesome" and they are ones who are student teaching really soon so they are like marking their music how good their stuff is. I have to do that.

So the weekend finally ended yesterday at the honors concert, and man. Rick Bjella chose some WEIRD music. I mean he picked some good stuff, the men's piece was awesome, as was Chicester Psalms and Ubi Caritas, but the first two were WEIRD. I still like him, though, and think he's awesome.

The Bobby thing didn't happen this year which is too bad because I liked his mom's lasagna (IT IS JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS MOM, NOT BETTER!!!).

I slept for something like 11 hours today. I feel really good. And I can't wait for the game and then after the game SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah. Go Panthers.

No comments: