Monday, November 17, 2003

So yeah, really.

I had opera rehearasl tonight. I knew before that we would be standing still for almost an hour, but I was thinking, "Yeah I stood still for choir concerts for most of my life. This shouldn't be so bad." Well I had forgotten that during choir concerts, especailly boy choir concerts, we were eitehr done, or moved after like 3 songs, maybe 4 at the most. This was totally different, and I feel it right now. That was HARD and my legs still kind of hurt. I should go in slippers next time since my tennies made my feet fall half asleep after the second time through it.

This is a week from hell. Sunday was Vespers. Tonight was opera. Tomorrow night is vespers. Wednesday night is opera. Thursday thank God I have nothing going on. Friday MVOP is singing. Saturday nothing, then Sunday, MVOP Church day and Vespers rehearsal.

In all honesty, I am considering taking a break from MVOP for the rest of the semester. I'm not going to be there Wednesday for rehearsal, but I think I'll go on Friday, and if it strains my voice I'll not go on Sunday. I'm trying to conserve my voice, and I can't really do that in MVOP, being gospel music and all. Plus with all of these concerts, not to mention some sort of choir rehersal every week day, I'm exhausted already and it's only been two days. And about 75% of the Vespers tunes we are singing are like right in my break. I hope when the show is put togetherI will like it better, since from what I have seen already I don't think I'm going to be enjoying Vespers as I did the first two years.

Speaking of which, our new piece we got today in chamber SUCKS. It's a butt-easy butt-boring version of I Saw Three Ships. I knew we were going to be singing a version of I Saw Three Ships but come on Dr. Forbes, you should know better! We should be singing something cooler not some really boring traditional version with nothing exciting in it that one woudl expect in a high school Christmas concert. I thought for a split second about arranging my own version of it, one that is cooler, then handing it to Dr. Forbes and say "Sing THIS version instead." We are singing two other really cool pieces but this new one has got to be a joke. I like the carol, I HATE the arrangement. The arrangement would probably be going into the "Throw away" pile if I was doing annotations on it for Secondary Methods. And NO ONE LIKES IT. So why do it? Do a cooler version like UChoir did of Ding Dong Merrily on High last year. Not a stupid version that the freshman choir at Preble could do. I mean, the men aren't even split up! It's BUTT EASY. And not exciting at all. Unless he takes it like really really really fast or soemthing and knowing Dr. Forbes he won't because he's a very passionate conductor who takes things really slow sometimes.

So I'm really exhausted right now. How much more can this little body take? It better be a lot.

No comments: