Friday, September 13, 2002

I'm composing a jazz song. It's smooth jazz and it is called "Summer in the Park". It sounds really cool so far... it's almost 2 minutes long already, and it has drums, a piano, bass, vibes, and muted trumpet in it. I'm trying to compose a song that is actually playable, unlike my SETI song. I'm excited about this song - so far I think it is my best composition I have done, if not the best in a long time. Garrett and I are composing a song as well. It's called "If it Ain't Baroque, Don't Fix It." It's got sort of a baroque flair which wasn't our original intention, but we have a circle of 5ths in it. So far we only have the piano part so it's a little repetitious, but soon we will add a violin and stuff.

Well that's about it for now... It's 1:50 so I am going to take a break on my song and see if my package is here. Today I leave for my aunts and tomorrow is the Basic Skills Test. I am pretty scared about it; I looked at it last night and it was a little harder than I thought so I will have to study tonight. Pray for me :)

No comments: