Thursday, September 05, 2002

I went to a music ed meeting tonight, and afterwards Jake was wondering why there is a shortage on teachers. I asked why and he said "Because of all the crap you have to do to become one!" And he is right. We have to take two very important tests; the Illinois Basic Skills Test and then a music test next year. We have to have 100 hours of observation or teaching or something before we are allowed to student teach. We have to be approved to be in the program based on your test scores, grades, and an interview. And you have to do all of this other stuff... it's going to be hard but I'm not extremely worried yet... just mildly worried. If I study hard and work hard I'm sure it will be easier than it all sounds.

MUSIC I AM LISTENING TO: Long Distance Runaround by Yes.

No comments: