Saturday, December 06, 2003

2 down, 2 to go.

Woah. Yeah Vespers Vespers Vespers. What more can I say? There were things good about both of them, and screwy things about both of them.

The fam came to the first performance. It kind of sucked because I only got to see them for about 10 minutes before and after the show, because they had to get back so Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim could go to a party. So no Steak 'n' Shake this year. Wah. But we nailed the Gloria (Forbes' baby) and There is No Rose (silence until after the song was over, then coughcoughcough which is ALWAYS a good thing.) We kind of screwed up on I Saw Three Ships but that was because Tim played the pitch before the clapping was over and not everyone heard it. Noel kind of screwed up too but that was just wrong cues and stuff. All and all a good run.

The second performance went pretty well too. Nice historical fact that this year is the first year we have a Saturday evening performance. It was pretty apparent, there were more empty seats then there usually are. But hey there were some on the Saturday afternoon performance too. Last two years all 3 sold out and there were no empty seats. So we sold more than last year but not sell out. I Saw Three Ships went better. Noel went better. It was kind of funny because there was this kid babbling in the front row and I was trying so hard not to laugh it was hilarious. I think the evening's performance was better but there were some iffy things with other songs that we didn't sing. The Symphony of Carols DID go better, I felt, the evening. Gloria was kind of the same with both. The only problem is no one is watching Dr. Holmes when he brings the rest of the choirs in so everyone is singing at different tempos. But the rest of the song is good. Magnificat went better this afternoon because I didn't trip on the stairs. Wait was that going up? That was going up. But I think it went better this afternoon anyway. I don't know why.

OK so on to non-Vespers stuff. What do you think of the shoutbox? I think it's interesting. It's just a test, but let's see what happens. Also, this is what Mitch, who is a Bears fan like I am a Packers fan, hardcore (it SUCKS not being able to watch the whole game tomorrow because of Vespers) wrote on my dry erase board:

"The Packers will be forced to wear dresses, then poop out their helmet which will be shoved down their throats without ketchup."

And that's how I shall end tonite.

No comments: