Saturday, March 01, 2003

Choir was pretty weird yesterday. We sang mixed pretty much the entire time after running through a newer piece. We then mixed, I went to the front rown on the other side away from my part. We sang through the Brahms, and then we were going to sing Wagner. Dr. Holmes asks the first tenors to stand and sing their part. The other first tenors pretty much stayed where they were. Well we sang and it seemed like I was the only one singing and then we get done with the first phrase. Dr. Holmes runs over and hugs me. Then he's like "Spencer, good job!" and then he looks over at the other first tenors (that was funny the look on his face) looks back over at me and I'm like "Well, you told us to mix up!" So then he asks everyone to sit down again, and then he says, "Stay standing Spencer" so I had to sing the entire part all my myself. I was really nervous. It was totally put on the spot. And he was like telling me not my part what to do with accents, and the turn, and stuff. I think he was trying to give the hint that the other first tenors weren't doing the job. But then the rest of the rehearsal went normally. So that was fun...

No comments: