Thursday, August 28, 2003

Well that was weird.

OK Tuesday, my internet stops working. So I go to the lab and email the annoucements if anyone elses was working. Turns out my network access was blocked because of the Welchia virus (WHICH, PARDON MY FRENCH, SUCKS MORE ASS THAN THE BLASTER VIRUS). So I went to AT and got the disk and cleaned it and they said my internet access would be restored within 15 minutes. So I go home and wait. and wait. and wait. Still no dice. So I called them and went to bed internetless. Which made me sad.

Wednesday morning. I got a call from the head AT guy and he was coming over. So that afternoon he looked it over and thought maybe my ethernet card had died because the light didnt' even go on and nothing was working. So I took it to AT to be replaced.

About an hour later, I get back and they said my ethernet card worked fine. I take this back and it worked fine, except AIM didn't work. So I updated that along with Windows Update, and AIM worked fine until I tried to start a chat and it didn't work. Someone else started it, and invited me but it didn't work. A third person did and it did.

And to top it all off, the internet is still kind of slow. But basically that's the end of my day minus internet and I hated it.

No comments: