Saturday, April 19, 2003

Well, I'm home. In less than three hours, it will be my golden birthday. No longer will I have the word "teen" pasted on at the end of my age, as it has for the last seven years. It's going to be weird. What sucks having your birthday on Easter is that you can't do anything with anyone, since everything is closed and all your friends are spending time with their families. But hey. NEXT year, I'll be 21, so I will finally drink without feeling guilty but I'm not going to get drunk (although I'm wondering what that will be like).

Anyway, we are going to play Rook now, and after that maybe I'll see if Kyle is doing anything; unfortunately, it's too late to go to a movie now, most movies don't start after ten. Maybe we can rent a movie and hang out or something. Or maybe go out. I don't know. To be honest, even though I just got here Thursday night, I REALLY want to do something that doesn't involve my immediate family. I was stuck at college the entire time, and now that I am home, I'm STUCK AT HOME. Which really sucks.

What sucks about being 20 is that you are still a year away from being totally independant. I mean, I won't have a car on campus until spring semester next year, because of that stupid accident I was in and stuff. So I can never go out. I never go out with friends, because I almost never know what's going on, and by the time I know it's too late. Almost no one ever invites me to a party or tells me they are going out want to come or anything like that. I feel secluded. Which sucks.

OK. Choir is over for the year. So now I"m prepping for my audition. I need to NAIL IT so I can be in UChoir. After last years big dissapointment, I am not going to be sure of anything ever again. Garrett said I won't be in UChoir because he heard some people say that Dr. Holmes doesn't think I should be in it. Well, I'm going to be optimistic and hope that I can still be in it. I hope he saw how committed I was for Concert Choir, even though I was in the minority, it seemed. When I get back I"m going to ask around what people did for their auditions to have them be in UChoir. Because I HAVE to be in it. I'm a choir geek at heart and I need that sense of choir community. I didn't have that in Concert Choir because the vast majority of the people in that choir didn't want to be there, or thought that because it was Concert Choir they didn't need to commit. Or maybe it was because we were so big...

Anyway, happy last day of being a teen day to me :)

No comments: