Friday, April 11, 2003

It's been almost a week.... actually it's been a week. Anyway, I've been busy as hell. OK. First off, weird dreams. Two nights ago, I dreamt my parents disappeared, then last night I dreamt Chris and Chad kept making fun of me really cruelly. Second off, songs. I'm up to

#38 When It's Over - Sugar Ray

although I kept listening to #9 - I Don't Wanna Fall In Love - Jane Child for a while. I love that song! I just love the beat and the sound behind it. I looked at her website and she looks totally different. Which is kind of good since she looked totally 80s before, with like a women's mullet thing going on. And before that, the only thing I knew by Jane Child was from the album I got at the county fair while trying to win a contest (I eventually did, I won Sugar Ray's 14:59 album there). And one song from that album was called "Shhhh". Now this is going to be a while to finish writing this entry, because I'm getting dressed and trying to catch up on the week.

SATURDAY

The MVOP concert went really well. Only thing I'm a little dissapointed with was 2 of the 3 choirs we invited didn't show up. And that day was the first really cold day in a while... after the storms the day before it got cold. Anyway, the concert went well, was relatively short, only about an hour and a half to two hours. Then the reception was good although I forgot to take my pill and was acting really hyper; people were like "Spencer, are you drunk?" just playingly but I knew I needed the pill. I didn't have access to one though. The problem is after a great concert, I'm like really happy and I guess "drunk with happiness and a sort of pride"; pride for the whole group and everyone not just myself. Then I went home.

SUNDAY

Sunday I went to see Garrett in Jekyll and Hyde. It was very good although you only saw his bald head for like 2 seconds so I don't understand why he needed to shave his head. Then Garrett's parents took me and Garrett out, which was very nice of them. We went to Carlos O' Kelly's and it was very good, although not nearly as good as Los Mat (which is now El Perrito; I'm still going to call it Los Mat because that sounds so much better than El Per). I forgot what happened after that.

MONDAY

Nothing much happened that I can recall, so on to

TUESDAY

OK. We had a Concert Choir rehearsal that night. Oh man, I was pissed at most of the choir for their lack of committment. After that night, I SWEAR TO GET IN UCHOIR because I don't want to be stuck in a choir of slackers. OK. We get these pieces by Brahms at the beginning of the year, literally, and PEOPLE STILL DON'T HAVE IT MEMORIZED!!!!!! Yet, we just got Lamentations of Jeremiah, and we have that memorized already. IT PISSES ME OFF> It upsets me to hear a speech directed at most of the choir who don't commit, just because they are in Concert Choir. THIS was the biggest reason I didn't want to be in Concert Choir in the first place. People in this choir believe they don't need to commit because they are in this choir. NOT TRUE! You signed up for it, you commit to it. So, on Sunday when we have our concert we are useing music for songs that should be memorized by now. Which sucks.

WEDNESDAY

Nothing I can remember

THURSDAY

Nothing important.

So I have caught up! Yay.

#41 May It Be ~ Enya
(I'm using the tilde from now on because it's cooler)

No comments: