Monday, July 28, 2003

I don't know why I get this way. I mean, I already posted about not getting a choir letter yet, and how I want to be in Uchoir (if you know me, you know how badly I want to be in Uchoir). But I keep worrying and worrying I will get stuck in another one. And all my friends are like "You'll get in it." Which is great because they are supporting me, but sucks because that is getting my hopes up because what if I don't get in it? My parents keep saying not to get my hopes up but let's face it. That's impossible. I just hope that I do get in. I mean I would be semi-satisfied getting into chamber. At least that tours. And at least the people in that choir are committed. When I was in concert, we had great potential. We rocked on most of the pieces we did. But before performing, during rehearsals, people were not committed. They'd come to rehearsal and do nothing. For a while, we made no progress. It was bad. I'm so surprised that Prof. Hesse maintained his composure and didn't lose it. I almost lost it there and walking out on a couple of the rehearsals I was mad at how the choir didn't memorize the first piece we got at the beginning of the semester, but we did memorize another piece in like a week. That shows how much potential the choir had, and how that at times they were willing to put it forth, but at other times, a majority of the choir didn't feel like it and that pissed me off. I mean, we are going to a top notch university here and to be honest we are lucky to be in the choir program, so why didn't some of them commit like they did to their studies? Who knows. I want to be in a choir where I can be just as committed as everybody else and perform music that challenges me.

No comments: