Tuesday, January 24, 2006

West Today

I'm at West High today subbing for band. Luckily the teacher knew I was a music sub so I'm going over music terms, but I'm not conducting anything. Which is also good because I have maybe 2 instrumental experiences. So I don't know. But, it's cool. I'm tired though, Aria's friends woke me up at 2am. So who knows what will happen.

Three jobs now. The Geneva Middle School one is a long term sub job. Which means yeah, um, no, I'm not going to move down there to sub. So that one is out of there. There will probably be more jobs being posted coming up, particularly here in Green Bay, since there are retirements and movings going on... I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, I can land a job at a high school. Because then I will really truly enjoy teaching. Not that I don't already it's just hard to sub, because I don't have kids to mentor and monitor. Washington they are like 1/2 my kids, and at Preble, they know me for who I am and respect me the way that kids at Washington don't.

Speaking of which, there was a little crisis there yesterday. I dont' remember if I posted it... but two girls got into a pretty intense argument. I don'tk now what it was about... but it was something someone two years older than themprobably wouldn't argue about. Luckily it wasn't more than what it was. I told the guidance counselor and that was it.

-S

No comments: