Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Calvin and Hobbes...

Man lately I've been thinking about how much I miss that comic strip... I mean I've talked to some people and they said the never heard of it and that just blows my mind... how could you NOT hear of Calvin and Hobbes? Best comic ever. Sometimes I wish Bill Watterson would come out of retirement and start making it again, but I know he won't. In a way, I am like why would you retire something so awesome and successful? But at the same time he didn't want others to pervert the true nature of the comic by copyrighting and trademarking and stuff like that... kind of like how Garfield is now, and Garfield isn't nearly as funny as it used to be and I kind of think it is because of that. There are the illegal trademarks (i.e. Calvin peeing on a car logo, etc.) but that's bad too.

I related to Calvin a lot. Because I feel like I was Calvin at that age, having a huge imagination, my add getting the best of me. That's why I loved it. Calvin's undying imagination. My mom was saying how she didn't like Finding Nemo because she couldn't imaging a fish being stuck in a fish tank and going in the ocean to find his dad. Um mom. Obviously you don't like any children's animated feature then. It's stupid. She's lost her imagination. Something I hope never to do.

Why is it already Tuesday night? Where has this week gone!?!?

No comments: