Sunday, December 15, 2002

I want to type a really long post for some reason so here goes:

Why is there no snow in Decatur? I just seems like it never snows here, whereas it snows north of us, or south of us, or west of us ( I don't know about east of us; oh wait that DID happen once) and it just takes a break as it passes over Decatur. Sure we had a few flurries one day and another day it was an icy mix that left the ground semi-dusted with the white stuff. But hey! I'm waiting for the foot of snow that better fall while I am at home. I have been snow deprived. Last year it didn't snow much at all here, and it didn't snow much while I was home. Ironically enough the day I leave back for school last year, we are in Illinois and Molly calls home and they are having a blizzard. That ticked me off. We didn't get our first real snow until like March and it was like 70 degrees in January. Well I hope we get tons of snow this year. I hope that when I get back to Decatur that it will be covered waist high with snow. OK I know that is kind of a high expectation but who cares. I should get it to make up for all the snowless days I went with last year.

Only 4 (or is it 3? I don't know whether to count today or not since it is 1 in teh morning) more days until I go home. I leave on Wednesday morning. I miss Aria's Christmas concert but that's Ok I saw it last year and anyway I'm just glad I'm going home! What's weird is that anytime I'm at home now the time goes by so fast. And a lot at school time drags on. Why can't it be the other way around? I mean pre-college days I couldn't wait to come down here. Now I go home every chance I get. It's weird.

I taught a song to 1st graders yesterday and it was SO MUCH FUN! I had doubts about teaching elementary children but they had so much fun! They loved the song. Everyone says how I'd make a great elementary school teacher. And I probably would love doing it since I get along well with kids (especially younger ones:)) But I want to keep my options open. High school might be great. And I really want to conduct. I mean teaching college choir would be awesome too. Each setting has it's pros and cons. When it comes time to find a job, I probably won't have a hard time finding one (the general consesus is that there is a major shortage of music teachers (hopefully no one will cut music from their school that would be a GRAVE MISTAKE just throwing a random statement in about my beliefs but that's another rant), the hard thing is just CHOOSING what I want to do. I mean take Ms. Kuo. She was a student teacher at Preble when I was a Junior, I believe. Maybe a Senior. But Mrs. Mac says that she is teaching elementary music now and loves it. But she would have made an awesome high school teacher as well. So I want to keep my options open. In time I know that God will guide me in the right direction.

OK That's it for now.

No comments: