Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My latest rounds with the kids

So yeah I haven't posted since last week and for that I apologize.

Last Friday I taught the kids. I started and did warmups. And then I taught de gospel train. It went OK. Dr. Forbes said my warmups were better than my teaching, because all I taught were dynamics. And I'm thinking "woah... i didn't even realize I was doing that. I didn't want to do that!" But the warm ups went really well. I'm glad I did them, because now they like me. :) It's sort of funny, because one of Leslie's kids (Leslie teaches Sunday School at church and she's awesome) is in the choir, and she came up to me after church on Sunday and said "Good job Friday." i'm thinking she meant the Concertino, which is where all Millikin Choirs except UChoir sing. And I'm like, "Thank you, but I didn't sing." and she meant teaching. So that was cool.

So on Monday, I taught again, this time with Loch Lomond. Last time I heard them sing it, the tenor part was completely wrong, so I tried to get them to sing the right part. Turns out this time they knew their part pretty well. So I tried to bring thru emotion and teach them proper diction... Dr. Forbes liked my passion. The kids liked it too. But I had to focus a bit more... everything Forbes wrote about me was negative except for the passion thing, so that kinda sucked. But the postive thing was positive! That's one more positive thing I usually get... I used to get 0. Now I usually get 1 or maybe 2. So I'm climbing up there in the teaching ladder.

I don't teach until probably next Friday, although I think I am going to Moweaqua sometime next week as well. So I'll post sometime next week.

No comments: