Friday, August 30, 2002

The first few nights I have been here sleep has been difficult, mainly thinking about how I just got in the stupid Concert Choir and not even a chance to audition in Chamber Chorale. I mean, I had a chance last year, and not this year? This sucks. I don't want to be in Concert Choir because I hate the director's conducting style (it's really rigid), and many members of the choir totally lack discipline. They aren't committed to the choir because it's concert choir. Now, supposedly they are changing that. I hope so. But still, concert choir performs the least of all the choirs, including Millikin Men and the women's choir. That means not too much music, and it's probably really easy high school stuff. God I wish I was in UChoir!!!!! I have been in choirs for 12 years and this is what I get. Shanan said God put me in this choir for a reason. Well, I think he must have, because I know I am capable of being in a better choir.

Opera callbacks are posted today. Maybe I'll make it. If my luck continues the way it has here so far, I won't. Maybe I'm not in the hard choirs because God knows I'll do well in an opera or something. Who knows.

No comments: